Athens, Ga. - During the holidays, the University of Georgia will be closed from Dec. 25 - Jan. 1. However, as in previous years, the Office of Development will be open and staffed Dec. 26, 27, 30, and 31 from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. to assist with year-end gifts. The phone numbers are 706-542-8176 or 888-268-5442. The address is 394 South Milledge Avenue, Athens, Georgia 30602.
Persons wanting to make a gift online, may visit https://gail.uga.edu/page.aspx?pid=213 or go to the UGA homepage (www.uga.edu) and click the Donate Now button. All online gifts must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 31 to qualify as tax year 2013 gifts. Mailing a check is also an option. The check should be made payable to the UGA Foundation and dated and postmarked no later than Dec. 31.
Cash/check gifts will be credited in 2013 if:
• by mail, the envelope is postmarked in 2013.
• by hand delivery, a UGA employee receives in 2013 and delivers to Milledge Center on or before Jan. 8, 2014.
Credit/debit card gifts will be credited in 2013 if:
• the charge is processed in 2013. Note that staff will be present on Dec. 30 and 31 to be sure all cards received via mail are charged.
Stock gifts will be credited in 2013 if:
• by electronic transfer, the stock posts to the UGAF account in 2013.
• by stock certificate issued in the name of the UGA Foundation, the certificate is dated 2013.
• by stock certificate in the name of the donor, the irrevocable stock power is signed in 2013.
Personal property gifts will be credited in 2013 if:
• the deed of gift, warranty deed or other legal instrument transferring ownership is recorded in 2013 or delivered to a representative of the University of Georgia or the UGA Foundation in 2013.
Questions may be directed to Mac Corry, UGA's associate vice president for development, at 706-207-7065 (cell).