Search committee named to seek head of admissions and enrollment management at UGA
February 2, 2015Print
- Sam Fahmy
Athens, Ga. - University of Georgia Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost Pamela Whitten has appointed a committee to begin a national search to fill the position of associate vice president for admissions and enrollment management.
Daniel Nadenicek, dean of the College of Environment and Design, will chair the search committee, which includes faculty, staff and student representatives.
Additional search committee members are:
• Alison Alexander, senior associate dean for academic affairs and professor of telecommunications in the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication and chair of the University Council's Faculty Admissions Committee.
• Charles Carabello, associate director of enrollment management in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
• Michelle Garfield Cook, associate provost for institutional diversity.
• Melinda DeMaria, associate director of admissions in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
• Silvia Giraudo, associate dean for academic programs and associate professor of foods and nutrition in the College of Family and Consumer Sciences.
• Jessica Hunt, major scholarships coordinator in the Honors Program.
• Bill McDonald, dean of students.
• Sierra Runnels, a first-year Foundation Fellow and pre-med student majoring in international affairs.
• Alton Standifer, associate director of orientation and admissions officer in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
The committee will be assisted by the UGA Search Group in Human Resources.
Nancy McDuff, who has headed UGA's Office of Undergraduate Admissions since 1995, recently announced that she intends to retire on June 30 after 20 years of service to the UGA and 37 years in higher education.
"Nancy has had an extraordinary impact on the University of Georgia during her two decades of service to this institution," Whitten said. "The academic qualifications and diversity of our student body have risen dramatically, and they remain on an upward trajectory thanks to the solid foundation that she and her staff have put into place."
As the university's chief enrollment officer, the associate vice president for admissions and enrollment management is responsible for developing and leading the implementation of a comprehensive enrollment management plan that is consistent with the university's strategic goals and direction. The associate vice president for admissions and enrollment management reports directly to the vice president for instruction and directs the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, which assists prospective students with information about admissions requirements, deadlines, tours of campus, orientation, tuition and fees, scholarships and other resources.
For more information on the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, see https://www.admissions.uga.edu/.