Provost Jere Morehead has appointed a committee to begin a national search to fill the position of dean of the Terry College of Business.
Alan Dorsey, dean of the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences, will chair the search committee, which includes faculty from the college’s departments, as well as staff, student and external representatives.
Members on the committee are:
- Dan Amos, 1973 Terry College alumnus. Amos is chairman and CEO of Aflac Inc., a former chair of the UGA Foundation board of trustees and current chair of the Building Terry Campaign Cabinet;
- James Carson, the Daniel P. Amos Distinguished Professor of Insurance;
- Santanu Chatterjee, an associate professor and graduate coordinator of economics;
- Jason Colquitt, holder of the William Harry Willson Distinguished Chair of Business;
- Richard Daniels, director of MBA programs and professor of management;
- Darren DeVore, a 1986 Terry College alumnus. DeVore is principal of the Carroll Organization, chairman of the Terry College Dean’s Advisory Council and a trustee of the UGA Foundation;
- Jennifer Gaver, holder of the James Don Edwards Chair of Corporate Accounting Policy;
- Randy Groomes, director of diversity relations at the Terry College;
- Michael Heider, a finance major who plans to join Goldman Sachs in New York City after graduation this spring;
- Elena Karahanna, the L. Edmund Rast Professor of Business;
- Charlotte Mason, professor and head of the department of marketing and director of the Coca-Cola Center for Marketing Studies;
- Ted McMullan, who received his MBA from Terry College in 1993. McMullan is president of Covington Investments LLC and immediate past chair of the Terry College Alumni board of directors;
- Myra Moore, director of assessment, rankings and undergraduate programs and senior lecturer of economics;
- Henry Munneke, the C. Herman and Mary Virginia Terry Distinguished Professor of Business Administration;
- Marisa Pagnattaro, professor of legal studies;
- Annette Poulsen, the Augustus H. “Billy” Sterne Professor of Banking and Finance;
- Jill Walton, director of undergraduate student services and corporate relations at the Terry College; and
- Bill Young Jr., a 1978 alumnus of Terry College. Young is president and partner of General Wholesale Co., chair of the UGA Foundation board of trustees and a member of the Terry College Dean’s Advisory Council.
The search firm Korn/Ferry International will assist the committee.