Pamela Whitten, senior vice president for academic affairs and provost, has appointed a committee to begin a national search to fill the position of university librarian and associate provost.
David S. Williams, associate provost and director of the Honors Program, will chair the search committee, which includes faculty, a student and library staff representatives. The committee will be assisted by the UGA Search Group in Human Resources.
The search committee members are:
• Lisa Bayer, director, UGA Press;
• Timothy Chester, vice president for information technology;
• Diana Hartle, coordinator of public services, science library;
• M.V. (Trey) Hood, professor of political science and graduate coordinator, School of Public and International Affairs;
• Eric Matthews, director of library administrative services;
• Barbara McCaskill, associate professor of English, Franklin College of Arts and Sciences, and co-director, Civil Rights Digital Library Initiative;
• Vishal Patel, third-year student, Terry College of Business;
• Susan Sanchez, professor of infectious diseases, College of Veterinary Medicine;
• Viki Timian, head of access services department, UGA Libraries; and
• Rebecca White, dean and J. Alton Hosch Professor of Law, School of Law.
William Gray Potter, who has been head of the UGA Libraries since 1989, recently announced that he would retire on Aug. 31 following a 25-year career at UGA.