Athens, Ga. – Wall Street investment firms and institutional asset investors that own an estimated $60 Billion of southern timberland will convene at the Ritz Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation on Lake Oconee, March 28-30, for The University of Georgia Center for Forest Business’ second timberland investment conference to discuss dramatic ownership changes and the future of their assets.
“The Timberland Asset: Reliable and Renewable” is the second timberland investment conference hosted by UGA over the past four years, and will cover current and emerging trends as well as issues dominating the timberland investment arena. Specific topics to be addressed include:
- Timberland Investment – Current Trends in the Asset Class
- The Use of Debt in Timberland Transactions; * The Impact of Rural Real Estate on Portfolio Strategy: Risk and Return Attributes of Rural Real Estate;
- Conservation Activities and Their Impacts on Timberland Investing;
- Legal Aspects of Timberland Transactions and Ownership;
- Supply Agreements and Timberland Ownership;
- Technology in Timberland Ownership and Management;
- International Timberland Investments; and
- Price Drivers for Timber and Timberland.
The timberland asset has long been a consistent performer in the institutional investment market, yet the dynamic nature of the business has never been more apparent than it is today. In this environment, knowledge is vital to the successful management of timberland. This conference is designed to provide participants with practical tools to create wealth from timberland investments, according to Bob Izlar, director of the Center for Forest Business.
Participants will hear presentations from academic and investment industry leaders, observe panel discussions, participate in question and answer sessions, learn about the latest research and view exhibits. Networking opportunities will abound with speakers and sponsors, other industry professionals and potential clients.
Visit the conference website at www.ugatimberlandinvestment.com for more information regarding registration, facilities, speakers or the agenda.