UGA Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost Jere Morehead has appointed a search committee to begin a national search to fill the position of vice president for student affairs.
Jennifer Frum, vice president for public service and outreach, will chair the search committee, which includes representatives from units that report to the vice president for student affairs as well as faculty, staff, student and community representatives.
The search committee members are:
- Eric Atkinson, associate dean of students and director of student life;
- Jean Chin, executive director, University Health Center;
- Michelle Garfield Cook, associate provost for institutional diversity;
- Diane Cooper, professor and head, counseling and human development services department;
- Carla Dennis, director of administrative services and communications, University Housing;
- Kathy Hoard, Athens-Clarke County commissioner;
- Karen Kalivoda, director, Disability Resource Center and University Testing Services;
- Brooks McCommons, senior director of development for constituent programs, Office of Development;
- Marshall Mosher, vice president, Student Government Association;
- Teresa Raetz, director of student affairs for extended campuses;
- Beau Seagraves, assistant dean of students for Tate Student Center;
- Claudia Shamp, director, Office of Greek Life;
- Kyle Tschepikow, director of student affairs assessment and staff development;
- Melanie Wiggins, Arch Society member, UGA Dawg Camp director of student development, and Black Theatrical Ensemble vice president; and
- Brian Williams, assistant director, department of recreational sports.
The committee will be assisted by the UGA Search Group in Human Resources.
Rodney Bennett, who has served as vice president for student affairs since 2005, recently was named the incoming president of the University of Southern Mississippi.
The Division of Student Affairs works to enhance the learning environment at UGA by promoting an environment conducive to growth and discovery, fostering a sense of community and enabling all students to realize their potential. It includes the Office of the Dean of Students, which oversees the Center for Leadership and Service, Greek Life, International Student Life, the LGBT Resource Center, Multicultural Services and Programs, the Office of Student Conduct and the Tate Student Center.
Other units that report to the vice president for student affairs include the University Health Center, University Housing, Recreational Sports and the Ramsey Student Center for Physical Activities, the Disability Resource Center, Student Affairs for Extended Campuses, Student Support Services and University Testing Services.