Each year the University of Georgia participates in the State Charitable Contributions Program, providing employees with an annual opportunity to financially support United Way organizations, state-wide independent agencies and independent federations through charitable contributions. This campaign provides faculty and staff with options to support services that are vital to families, friends and neighbors in this area who need support now and in the future.
There are more than 700 local, state, and national nonprofit organizations from which to choose, allowing employees to support by providing diapers to babies, shelter to the homeless, or books for children in our area – along with hundreds of other options. While the number of local charities participating in the State Charitable Contributions Program is lower this year, there are still many organizations that would benefit greatly from the generosity of the UGA community. This year’s program will conclude on Nov. 16.
How to Donate
Donating through OneUSG Connect is the preferred method as it is confidential, secure and provides the option for payroll deduction. Just follow these directions:
- Log on to OneUSG Connect at https://oneusgconnect.usg.edu.
- Select “State Charitable Contributions Program.”
- Add a pledge for the year. Employees can view available charities in OneUSG Connect or on the state campaign website at gasccp.info/search-charities
- Choose one of these easy ways to donate:
- Payroll deduction, which begins in January 2022.
- Check pledge, which is best for one-time donations. The check and accompanying paper pledge form must be dropped off by Nov. 16.
- Confirm the pledge by clicking “Submit Pledge.”
All donations to the campaign are subject to the state’s administrative fee. Additional information about the fee is provided on the pledge form at the link below.
Check pledges must be dropped off with a paper pledge form found on the Charitable Campaign website at https://busfin.uga.edu/budget/pdf/2022_Campaign_for_Charities_contribution_form.pdf.
Employees can submit the completed form, along with their check contribution, to the University Budget Office: 456 East Broad Street, 226 Business Services Building, Athens, GA 30602.
For additional information and resources, visit the Campaign for Charities website. Those who have questions or would like to obtain a hard copy of the contribution form should contact the University Budget Office at 706-542-2802 or firstname.lastname@example.org.