UGA President Jere W. Morehead has appointed a committee to conduct a national search to fill the position of executive director of the university’s Office of Legal Affairs.
The executive director will report directly to the president and serve on the UGA Cabinet.
Peter B. “Bo” Rutledge, the associate dean for faculty development and holder of the Herman E. Talmadge Chair in the School of Law (see story, page 6), will chair the search committee, which includes administrators and directors from various units of the university.
Committee members are:
• Kellie Casey, director of advocacy in the School of Law;
• Janyce Dawkins, director of the Equal Opportunity Office;
• Carla Williams, executive associate athletic director in the UGA Athletic Association;
• Barrett Malone, director for student conduct, Office of Student Conduct;
• Duane Ritter, interim associate vice president of the Office of Human Resources;
• Matthew Whitley, director of the Internal Auditing Division; and
• Jessica Orbock, senior legal adviser, Office of the Vice President for Research, and general counsel, University of Georgia Research Foundation.
The committee will be assisted by the UGA Search Group, headed by Frank DiGiacomo, senior director in the Office of Human Resources.
Finalists are expected to be interviewed on campus in early December.
The search committee’s goal is to have the new executive director in place by Jan. 1.