Athens, Ga. – University of Georgia President Jere W. Morehead has named a search committee with the charge of identifying candidates for the position of vice president for finance and administration. The committee will conduct a national search to recommend to the president individuals for the position to succeed Tim Burgess, who retired from the chief financial officer’s post on June 30. The position is being filled on an interim basis by Senior Associate Vice President Ryan Nesbit.
Timothy Chester, vice president for information technology and campus chief information officer, will chair the 18-member committee composed of faculty, staff and a student. The university will retain an executive search firm to assist with the process. The committee will recommend a group of finalists from the search to the president.
Other search committee members are:
• Frank Crumley, executive associate athletic director for financial operations, UGA Athletic Association;
• Gwynne Darden, senior project manager, University Architects for Facilities Planning;
• Mark Dawkins, associate professor of accounting and associate dean for academic programs, Terry College of Business;
• William Douglas, chief financial officer, Coca-Cola Enterprises;
• Dexter Fisher, director of services, Facilities Management Division;
• J. Michael Floyd, associate vice president for auxiliary services;
• Linda Fox, dean, College of Family and Consumer Sciences;
• Jennifer Frum, vice president for public service and outreach;
• Mary Grace Griffin, treasurer, Student Government Association;
• Jon Liston, staff representative group chair, Facilities Management Division;
• Christina Miller, associate provost for academic fiscal affairs;
• Amanda Patterson, assistant vice president for finance and risk management and chief of staff, Division of Student Affairs;
• James H. Prestegard, GRA/Varian Eminent Scholar of NMR Spectroscopy;
• Brooke Rooks, administrative financial director, Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication;
• James Sanders, director, Skidaway Institute of Oceanography;
• David Shipley, Georgia Athletic Association Professor in Law, School of Law, and chair-elect of the executive committee of University Council; and
• Phillip L. Williams, dean, College of Public Health.
Applications are due to the committee by Dec. 15.