This year’s University System of Georgia benefits open enrollment will be held Oct. 25 – Nov. 5. Details about open enrollment can be found on the USG 2022 Open Enrollment website.
This is an active enrollment year, which means action will be required on the part of employees to ensure their benefits and associated costs match their circumstances. Please take the following steps in OneUSG Connect Benefits during this year’s open enrollment period:
IMPORTANT: Employees who do not complete the tobacco use and spousal certification will receive the $100 monthly tobacco surcharge for every person age 18+ that is covered on their USG/UGA health insurance plan, as well as the $100 spousal surcharge. USG will not refund any assessed surcharges.
- All employees enrolled or enrolling in a USG health care plan must recertify/certify their tobacco status.
- Employees who are covering a spouse on their USG/UGA health plan must also update the spousal certification (this does not apply to retirees over the age of 65).
- No documentation is required for the working spouse certification.
- Complete required certifications in the health plan section of the enrollment/changes process in OneUSG Connect – Benefits.
- Review and update beneficiary information.
- Enroll in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) if desired for 2022.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) move from Optum Bank to HSA Bank (see information in the New FSA/HSA Vendor section below).
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employees must enroll each open enrollment
- Health Savings Accounts
- Elect to Transfer HSA funds from Optum to HSA Bank
- Review and enrollment of benefits for the 2022 plan year is through OneUSG Connect-Benefits.
- Review and update personal and emergency contact information, electronic W-2 consent and banking information in the Employee Self-Service site.
- Flexible Spending Accounts
There will be out-of-pocket maximum increases for both in-network and out-of-network for the Consumer Choice HSA plan beginning January 2022. There are premium increases (between .6% and 4%) for all tiers of the USG Healthcare plans effective January 2022. Anthem and Kaiser will remain the health care insurance providers for the 2022 USG Healthcare plan year.
The HSA matching contribution for the Consumer Choice HSA plan will continue in 2022 at $375 for employee-only coverage and $750 for family coverage.
Pharmacy Coverage: The USG Board of Regents approved the following changes to the pharmacy coverage:
- Adding a Specialty Pharmacy tier for the Comprehensive Care and BlueChoice HMO plans with co-insurance and maximums by drug tier.
- Adding a 30-day supply limit to specialty medications for the Comprehensive Care, Consumer Choice HAS and BlueChoice HMO plans.
- Adding 60-day and 90-day supply copays for the Comprehensive Care and BlueChoice HMO plans at 2x or 3x the cost of the 30-day supply.
- Increasing the Kaiser HMO plan mail order co-pay from two co-pays per 90-day supply to three co-pays per 90-day supply.
Shared Leave Pool enrollment
Faculty and staff who meet certain eligibility requirements may voluntarily donate unused sick leave to a Shared Leave Pool for fellow faculty and staff. Benefits open enrollment is the only opportunity employees have to enroll in or make donations to the Shared Sick Leave Pool for 2022. For more information about this program, visit the Shared Leave Program website. Please note that UGA does not utilize the USG shared leave enrollment forms. Use the link below to enroll or donate additional hours to the Shared SLeave Pool.
How do employees join the shared sick leave pool?
Employees who wish to join Shared Leave Pool must have completed the following to be eligible:
- Completion of the provisional employment period
- Donate a minimum of eight hours sick leave during Open Enrollment (Oct. 25 – Nov. 5) AND
- Have a minimum 48 hours remaining in their sick leave balance on Jan. 1, 2022, in order to maintain the required 40-hour sick leave balance after your donation is processed in January.
Note: Donation requirements and sick leave balance requirements are prorated for part-time employees.
What about employees who are already members of the shared sick leave pool?
For those who are already a member of the Shared Leave Pool, this is a reminder that although they are not required to donate additional sick leave to remain in the pool, they may donate up to 80 sick leave hours during the Open Enrollment period. Please remember that employees need a minimum balance of 48-hours sick leave on Jan. 1, 2022, to maintain the required 40-hour sick leave balance after their donation is processed in January.
To enroll or donate additional hours to the Shared Leave Pool, please click here.
Questions about the Shared Leave Pool may be directed to University Human Resources at 706-542-2222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, the official USG Open Enrollment period is Oct. 25 through Nov. 5. It is very important to remember to review, print and/or save the benefits confirmation page after completing the required certifications and benefit elections.
For questions regarding 2022 benefits open enrollment, please contact One USG Connect-Benefits at 1-844-587-4236 or University Human Resources at 706-542-2222 or email@example.com.