Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost Pamela Whitten has appointed a committee to begin a national search to fill the position of dean of the Graduate School.
Craig H. Kennedy, dean of the College of Education, will chair the search and screening committee, which includes faculty, staff and student representatives as well as members of the Graduate Council, the policymaking body of the graduate faculty. Additional search committee members are:
• Jonathan Amster, a professor and head of the chemistry department in the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences;
• T. W. Cauthen, assistant vice president for academic, campus and community partnerships in the Division of Student Affairs;
• Adrian Childs, a professor in the Hugh Hodgson School of Music and Graduate Council member;
• Adam Clause, a doctoral student in the Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources and Presidential Graduate Fellow in the Integrative Conservation Ph.D. Program;
• Shelley Hooks, an associate professor of pharmaceutical and biomedical sciences in the College of Pharmacy and Graduate Council member;
• Mary Ann Johnson, the Bill and June Flatt Professor in Foods and Nutrition in the College of Family and Consumer Sciences;
• Heather Malcom, chief of staff for development in the Division of Development and Alumni Relations;
• R. Baxter Miller, interim director of the Center for Social Justice, Human and Civil Rights and professor of English in Franklin College;
• Paul Rollins, associate dean for administration in the School of Law;
• Kaori Sakamoto, an associate professor of pathology in the College of Veterinary Medicine;
• Meredith Welch-Devine, director of interdisciplinary graduate studies in the Graduate School; and
• Mark Wilson, UGA Foundation Professor of Health Promotion and Behavior and associate dean for academic affairs in the College of Public Health.
The committee will be assisted by the UGA Search Group in Human Resources.
Maureen Grasso, who has served as dean of the Graduate School since 2002, recently was named the dean of the Graduate School at North Carolina State University. Julie Coffield, associate dean of UGA’s Graduate School, will serve as interim dean beginning June 5.