A Staff Performance Management Task Force was charged by University Human Resources to recommend a new staff performance management process. The task force is chaired by Lindsey Van Note, senior director of talent in University Human Resources.
The new performance management process will be based on the university’s Staff Competency Model, which is comprised of competencies and KSAOs (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics). The task force will also make recommendations on how to enhance the role of performance management in compensation decisions as well as in monetary and non-monetary staff rewards and recognition.
Two working groups will provide recommendations on the following topics: 1) staff performance/evaluation tool and process, examining new options for staff evaluation methods, will be led by Lindsey Van Note; and 2) rewards and recognitions, covering topics of compensation, promotion, and other rewards and recognition, will be led by Travis Jackson, senior director for total rewards in University Human Resources.
Task force members include:
- Penny Benton, director of human resources, Facilities Management Division
- Carol Bugg, human resources director, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Pam Burkhart, executive director of finance and administration, Office of the Vice President for Information Technology
- Michelle Carter, senior director of talent management and chief diversity officer, Office of the Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations
- Angie Dellinger, HR senior managing consultant, Total Rewards, University Human Resources
- Savannah Hembree, president, Staff Council, and business manager, Office of Emergency Preparedness
- Kristen Marinzel, human resources assistant director, School of Law
- Marie Mize, past president of Staff Council, Presidential Task Force on Staff Professional Development member and circulation manager, Law Library
- Takenya Moore, human resources coordinator, College of Education
- Nontalie Morrow, interim director of diversity and inclusion and associate director of faculty and staff initiatives, Office of Institutional Diversity
- Gwen Moss, assistant vice president for fiscal affairs, Office of the Vice President for Public Service and Outreach
- Tracey O’Malley, HR director, Workforce Engagement, University Human Resources
- Lynn Parham, human resources manager and executive assistant to the dean, College of Family and Consumer Sciences
- Brandie Pentecost, business manager, Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs
- Brooke F. Rooks, director of instruction fiscal affairs, Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- Brian Strickland, associate director of human resources data and analytics, Office of the Vice President of Development and Alumni Relations
- Amy Thomas, assistant athletic director, Human Resources, Athletic Association
- John Varghese, director of finance and administration, College of Pharmacy
- Nakia Wade, human resources senior manager, Franklin College of Arts and Sciences
For more information on the UGA Staff Competency Model, visit https://engageandlearn.uga.edu/staff_competency_model/.