Atlanta, Ga. – The University of Georgia’s Terry College of Business is now offering the Sales Leadership Academy, a new certificate program at the Terry Executive Education Center in Atlanta, beginning in September.
The 10-day, 5-course executive program is the product of a strategic partnership between several Atlanta-area senior sales executives and Terry College professors and researchers.
“As businesses begin to recover, the next generation of sales leaders will need to do more than drive revenue,” said Robert Sumichrast, dean of the Terry College of Business. “The Sales Leadership Academy provides sales leaders with critical knowledge and skills to attract and retain top talent, motivate teams to succeed, align sales with corporate strategy, and build more meaningful relationships with customers and stakeholders.”
The Sale Leadership Academy’s content includes in-depth training on some of the most relevant topics in sales leadership:
- Strategic Focusing and Executive Presence: Improving Sales Team Performance
- Selling to the C-Suite: Leveraging Relationships at the Executive Level
- Recruitment Strategies: A Critical Success Factor – Hiring the Best People
- Development Strategies: Building High-Performance Sales Teams
- Sales Leadership Best Practices: Identifying and Executing a Winning Strategy
- Sales Tools and Technologies: Increasing the Productivity of Your Sales Team
- Financial Acumen for Sales Leaders: Understanding the Language of Business
- Sales by the Numbers: Identifying Key Performance Indicators and Benchmarks
- Strategic Marketing: Getting Marketing to Provide Greater Value for Your Sales Team
- Developing and Presenting Your 2011 Sales Plan: Fine-Tune Your Plan
Courses will be offered in five, two-day modules: Sept. 17-18, Oct. 8-9, Oct. 29-30, Nov. 19-20 and Dec. 10-11. Friday classes run from 1:30 p.m. to 6 p.m., plus a mixer. Saturday classes run from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Program instructors are senior-level executives, professors and researchers with considerable expertise, and they have successfully applied their skills for organizations such as Coca-Cola, Home Depot, AT&T, the U.S. Marine Corps, IBM, General Motors, Frito-Lay, Lucent and Merial.
The cost for the program is $7,500 per person. Any organization registering two or more participants receives a 10 percent discount.
For complete course descriptions or to register, go to the Executive Program’s Sales Leadership Academy Web site. All classes will be held at the Terry Executive Education Center in the Buckhead district of Atlanta, located in the One Live Oak Building at 3475 Lenox Road. For more information, call toll-free 1-866-238-0756 or email.