Morehead appoints Presidential Transition Advisory Committee
February 14, 2013Print
- Sam Fahmy
Athens, Ga. - University of Georgia President-elect Jere Morehead has appointed a 12-member Presidential Transition Advisory Committee to gather information on key issues facing the university and share ideas for a successful presidency.
"I appreciate the willingness of these individuals to serve on this important committee, which will interact with faculty, staff, students, alumni and other supporters to ensure that as many voices as possible are heard during this leadership transition," said Morehead, who takes office on July 1.
During the transition, the committee will consult with the leadership of the University Council and the Staff Council, as well as student leaders from the Student Government Association, Graduate Student Association and other student organizations. Morehead added the committee will work with the Office of the President and the Office of Public Affairs to facilitate a seamless transition and keep the campus community informed of key developments.
The committee members are:
• J. Scott Angle, dean of the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences;
• Eric Atkinson, associate dean of students and director of student life;
• Alan Darvill, Regents Professor and director of the Complex Carbohydrate Research Center;
• J. Griffin Doyle, vice president for government relations;
• Jennifer Frum, vice president for public service and outreach;
• Cynthia Hoke, director, UGA News Service;
• William Kisaalita, professor and graduate coordinator, College of Engineering;
• Kathy Pharr, assistant vice president for finance and administration and director of Health Sciences Campus administration;
• Rebecca White, dean of the School of Law and J. Alton Hosch Professor of Law;
• Carla Williams, executive associate athletic director and senior woman administrator;
• David S. Williams, Meigs Professor of Religion, associate provost and director of the Honors Program; and
• Bill Young Jr., chair of the UGA Foundation Board of Trustees.
The committee will be assisted by David Dodson, executive assistant to the provost.