1) Be physically active.
2) Exercise your mind.
• Do crossword or other puzzles.
• Start a new hobby.
3) Eat healthy.
• Include more fruits and vegetables in your diet.
• Get your antioxidants.
4) Drink alcohol in moderation, if at all.
• Women and anyone 65 or older should have no more than one alcoholic beverage per day. Men younger than 65 should have no more than two alcoholic beverages per day.
5) Manage your stress.
• Take frequent mental breaks.
6) Protect your head from injury.
• Wear a helmet while riding a bicycle or doing other sports and activities.
• Wear your seat belt while in a vehicle.
7) See a doctor regularly.
• Have your physician help you monitor blood pressure, cholesterol and blood glucose levels.
8) Stay involved socially.
• Go to lunch regularly with friends.
• Start a club.