• Wayde Brown has been appointed assistant dean of research in the College of Environment and Design. He came to UGA in 2002 after working for the government of Nova Scotia as manager of provincial built heritage programs. Prior to that, he worked for Parks Canada, and in architectural offices in Canada and southern Africa. He has a professional degree in architecture from Dalhousie University (Canada), a master’s degree in architectural conservation from York University (UK), and a doctorate in architecture (history and theory) from the Welsh School of Architecture, Cardiff (UK).
• Gregg Coyle has been appointed associate dean for academic affairs in the College of Environment and Design. Coyle joined the faculty in 1985 after 10 years of private practice as a landscape architect in Houston. He holds a master’s degree in landscape architecture from Iowa State University and a bachelor’s degree in education from Peru State College.
• Jeanne Fry has been promoted to executive director of Food Services. In her new role, she is responsible for all meal plan operations, campus catering, food service retail operations, the central food storage warehouse, business services, information technology, marketing, training and food service facilities management. Fry has been with UGA Food Services for 13 years.
• Three-year UGA letterman Jonas Hayes has joined the staff of the men’s basketball team as program coordinator. Hayes returns to UGA after five seasons as an assistant basketball coach at Belmont Abbey College in Belmont, N.C. He also served brief stints at South Carolina State, Morehouse College and Douglass High School in Atlanta.
• Brian LaHaie has been named associate
dean of outreach and professional relations in the College of Environment and Design. He previously taught at Auburn University. Originally from Illinois, LaHaie received a bachelor’s degree in plant and soil science from Southern Illinois University and a master’s degree in landscape architecture from the University of Illinois.
• Stefanie Williams, a 28-time All-American and four-time national champion for UGA’s swimming team, has been named assistant coach for the men and women’s teams. Williams spent the previous four years on the coaching staff of Ohio State’s women’s team, including serving last season as associate head coach. She also was an assistant coach for Missouri’s men and women for three years and at Bloomsburg for one year. Williams succeeds Carol Capitani, who was named the women’s head coach for Texas.