Athens, Ga. – The University of Georgia Alumni Association and the UGA Athletic Association will host UGA Days events in a tour of 12 cities in four states spanning April to July.
Hosted by Chuck Dowdle, former WSB-TV sportscaster, the events will feature UGA coaches including Mark Richt, football coach; Mark Fox, men’s basketball coach; Jack Bauerle, swimming and diving head coach; and Todd Grantham, football defensive coordinator. Richt is scheduled to speak at every stop but Atlanta, and will be joined by Fox in Macon, Jacksonville, Chattanooga, Nashville, Augusta, Statesboro and Savannah. Fox and Grantham will be the featured athletics speakers at the Atlanta event. The coaches will share insights into UGA’s upcoming seasons, as well as the latest news from the university.
Several UGA administrators will be on hand at select events. UGA President Michael F. Adams will participate in the Chattanooga and Atlanta events. President-elect Jere Morehead will travel to Columbus, Augusta and Gwinnett County. Morehead will begin his tenure as UGA’s 22nd president on July 1. Other speakers at the events include Laura Jolly, vice president for instruction; Greg Daniels, senior executive director of leadership; David Lee, vice president for research; and David S. Williams, associate provost and director of the Honors Program.
Attendees will learn about their own UGA Alumni Association chapters and how to become involved.
UGA Day events locations, and featured speakers include:
• April 9, RiverMill Event Centre, Columbus. Speakers will be Morehead and Richt.
• April 11, Texas Rangers Baseball Hall of Fame, Arlington, Texas. Speakers will be Richt, Bauerle and Daniels.
• April 18, Walnut Creek Shooting Preserve, Macon. Speakers will be Richt, Fox and Daniels.
• April 23, Terrace Suite at EverBank Field in Jacksonville, Fla. Speakers will be Richt and Fox.
• April 24, UGA Tifton Campus and Conference Center, Tifton. Speakers will be -Speakers will be Richt and Williams.
• May 7, The Colonnade at the Catoosa County Civic Center, Ringgold (Chattanooga, Tenn. area). Speakers will be Adams, Richt and Fox.
• May 8, West Club Level at LP Field, Nashville, Tenn. Speakers will be Fox and Lee.
• May 9, Savannah Rapids Pavilion, Martinez. Speakers will be Morehead, Richt and Fox.
• May 15, Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel and Conference Center, Atlanta. Speakers will be Adams, Fox and Grantham.
• May 22, The Belle House, Statesboro. Speakers will be Richt, Fox and Jolly.
• May 23, The Charles H. Morris Center at Trustees’ Garden, Savannah. Speakers will be Richt, Fox and Laura Jolly.
• July 29, Gwinnett Center, Duluth. Speakers will be Morehead, Richt and Fox.
Additional speakers will be announced closer to each event.
Dinner in most cities will begin at 6 p.m. local time, after which the programs will commence at 7 p.m. In Dallas, dinner will begin at 7 p.m. local time, followed by the program at 8 p.m. Registration is required for each event.
For registration, sponsorship opportunities, and more information, see www.alumni.uga.edu/ugadays.