Athens, Ga. – Five finalists for the position of dean and director of the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences will visit campus in December to meet with members of the university community.
A committee chaired by Sheila Allen, dean of the College of Veterinary Medicine, conducted a national search to identify the finalists. The committee was assisted by the UGA Search Group in Human Resources.
Each finalist will make a public presentation in Masters Hall of the UGA Hotel and Conference Center. The finalists and the dates and times of their presentations are:
• Kendall Lamkey, professor and chair of the department of agronomy at Iowa State University, Dec. 1 at 9:30 a.m.
• Gary Pierzynski, university distinguished professor and head of the department of agronomy at Kansas State University, Dec. 3 at 10:30 a.m.
• Samuel Pardue, alumni distinguished undergraduate professor of poultry science and associate dean and director of academic programs in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at North Carolina State University, Dec. 8 at 1:30 p.m.
• David Gerrard, professor and head of the department of animal and poultry sciences at Virginia Tech, Dec. 10 at 9:30 a.m.
• Michael Vayda, professor of plant pathology and dean of the Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences at the University of Arkansas, Dec. 15 at 9:30 a.m.
The CVs of the finalists and candidate feedback forms are available at http://provost.uga.edu/index.php/CAES_dean_finalists.