Athens, Ga. – Seven members of the University of Georgia Alumni Association’s Student Alumni Council have been selected as editors of the Class of 2018 “G Book.” The editors are responsible for the research, writing, photography and design for the Class of 2018 “G Book” that will be published in August 2014.
Only a handful of editors are selected from the pool of applicants with the actual number depending on how many previous editors elect to return to the editorial team again.
The Class of 2018 “G Book” editors are:
• Kimberly Caldwell, junior from Alpharetta majoring in marketing;
• Alex Carruth, junior from Powder Springs majoring in public relations,
• Emilie Clarke, a sophomore from Macon majoring in communication studies and nonprofit organizations;
• Nicole Dancz, a junior from Atlanta majoring in international affairs
• Loni Gibson, a junior from Jonesboro majoring in digital and broadcast journalism;
• Raven Gibson, a junior from Scottdale majoring in cognitive science; and
• Dowdy White, a sophomore from Cordele majoring in agricultural communication.
First published in the early 1930’s, the “G Book” was revived by members of Student Alumni Council in 2009 as the official traditions handbook of the University of Georgia. It documents 47 traditions unique to the university. UGA students are encouraged to become an official Tradition Keeper by completing at least 40 traditions in the “G Book” and documenting each with a picture or piece of memorabilia.
Upon becoming a Tradition Keeper, the student is awarded with a personalized plaque commemorating their active participation in upholding UGA traditions.
The “G Book” is published annually and distributed to members of the incoming freshman class during the Freshman Welcome event at the beginning of each fall semester. Copies of the “G Book” can also be obtained from the UGA Alumni Association at any time.
UGA Alumni Association
The UGA Alumni Association supports the academic excellence, best interests and traditions of Georgia’s flagship university and its more than 280,000 alumni worldwide. For more information, see www.alumni.uga.edu.