Eleven undergraduate students have been named Public Service and Outreach Scholars for 2012-2013.
They will take part in a year-long program that will provide them with a deeper understanding of PSO’s mission through meetings and outreach, help them link these experiences with their career and educational goals and create a community of student scholars who understand the role of university outreach and engagement. The PSO Student Scholars, their majors and internship locations are:
• Alixanna Burg, dietetics, Office of Service-Learning;
• Chinwenwa Emeruem, economics, Small Business Development Center;
• Megan Ernst, public affairs journalism and political science double major who’s also enrolled in the M.P.A. program, Carl Vinson Institute of Government;
• Amber Flanigan, a psychology major and child and family development minor, the State Botanical Garden;
• Erica Flanigan, business management and sports management, the Georgia Center for Continuing Education.
• Sue Joe, sociology, the Office of the Vice President for Public Service and Outreach;
• Jamelia Jones, criminal justice, biological sciences and music business, the Marine Extension Service;
• Nicholas Mizaur, an economics and international affairs double major minoring in French, the Vinson Institute.
• Alexander Newell, history, political science and philosophy, the Archway Partnership;
• Stephanie Rattanong, landscape -architecture, the Fanning Institute; and
• Annie Stocklin, economics and -anthropology double major, the Fanning Institute.