The University of Georgia will observe Ethics Awareness Week Nov. 9-15 as part of the institution’s ongoing effort to promote an ethical culture on campus and raise awareness about ethics resources available at UGA. This week has been designated by the University System of Georgia across all USG institutions as an important reminder of our shared core values of integrity, excellence, accountability and respect.
In support of this effort, there are several events hosted by USG and UGA that you may attend:
- The USG Ethics & Compliance Best Practices in Higher Ed Panel via Zoom on Friday, Nov. 13, from 10-11 a.m. Register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/usg-ethics-compliance-best-practices-panel-tickets-126604558643.
- The UGA Ethics and Awareness Roundtable Series featuring:
- Dan Silk, chief of police, on Nov. 9 at 10 a.m.
- Chris King, associate vice president for research, Office of Research Integrity & Safety, on Nov. 10 at 10 a.m.
- Dan Runge, senior compliance officer, Office of Research Integrity & Safety, and export compliance officer, Office of Export Control, on Nov. 10 at 11 a.m.
- Ben Myers, chief information security officer, on Nov. 12 at 10 a.m.
- Ron Walcott, vice provost for graduate education and dean of the Graduate School, on Nov. 12 at 2 p.m.
- Register for these events at https://ugeorgia.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0GJrqfQlelw35aJ.
Resources on compliance, ethics and reporting are available at http://www.hr.uga.edu/bor-ethics-training.
Faculty and staff can report fraud, waste, abuse and other ethical concerns at https://uga.alertline.com/gcs/welcome or by calling 1-877-516-3467.