IRS certified UGA students and community volunteers will offer free income tax preparation and electronic filing services from now until April 15. Tax returns that include small businesses, depreciable business property, rental property and similar situations are not eligible for these services. Documents including a valid picture ID; copies of all W-2, 1098 or 1099 forms; Social Security or tax identification numbers, proof of bank or credit union account number and routing transmittal number of the financial institution for direct deposit into a savings or checking account and a copy of prior year’s tax return, for participants, their spouses or dependents should be brought to the tax preparation site.
Locations, dates and times include:
• McPhaul Center: Feb. 14, 21 and 28, 4-8 p.m.;
• Georgia Federal Credit Union, 190 Gaines School Road: Feb. 12 and 19, 5–8 p.m.;
• Clarke Community Federal Credit Union,155 Hawthorne Park: Feb. 16, 9 a.m.-noon and Feb. 12 and 19, 5–8 p.m.;
• Lanier Gardens Apartments, 801 Riverhill Drive: Feb. 16 and 23: 2–5 p.m.;
• Hancock Community Development Corp., 300 Henderson Ext.: Mondays 4–7 p.m.; Saturdays noon–4 p.m. until April 15.
•AARP Tax Aide, Epps Bridge Road Kroger: Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays 9 a.m.–1 p.m. through April 12.