International travel has become increasingly more complex in today’s world. These are some recommendations that may help to make travels safer and more enjoyable:
• Get embassy or consulate information and a map of the location for any country to which you will be traveling.
• Research hospitals in the area and know where they are located in relation to where you will be.
• Make copies of your passport and both sides of credit cards and store on an email account.
• Take your vaccination records with you.
• Carry identification and emergency contact information with you.
• Leave or send changes to your itinerary to friends or co-workers back home.
• Do activity planning in private instead of hotel lobbies or other public areas.
• Secure your door at night.
• Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages in excess, and never accept drinks from strangers.
• Be wary of anyone asking for information.
Source: Office of Emergency Preparedness