Athens, Ga. — The Conner Hall Centennial Celebration will take place April 11 from 2-4 p.m. on the front lawn of the building, which has served as the administrative headquarters for the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences for 100 years. Conner Hall is located on the UGA campus at 147 Cedar Street.
The event will include the unveiling of a Conner Hall original watercolor by Athens artist Jill Leite, who has captured several of UGA’s most prominent and historic building in her collection.
Rock Eagle 4-H Center will provide food, including a special Conner Crunch ice cream flavor created in honor of the building.
Georgia State Representative James T. Conner of Bartow County introduced the 1906 bill that led to the creation the Georgia State College of Agriculture and Mechanical Arts and the construction of Agricultural Hall, which was finished in 1908. It was renamed Conner Hall in 1923.