Mind Your Heart is looking for 40 full-time employees who are willing to participate in a six-week online nutrition education program that focuses on heart health through diet.
The program includes:
- Heart-healthy diet education based on working adults’ needs.
- Virtual access to an online education program that can be completed at participants’ own pace.
During the program, participants will be asked to:
- Complete six educational modules within six weeks. Modules last about 30 minutes each. Completing modules at their own pace should take about four to six hours total.
- Complete a five-minute questionnaire on their meals three times a week for three weeks (a total of 18 questionnaires) for a total of 90 minutes over six weeks. These will be texted to participants’ phone.
At the beginning and the end of the study, researchers will measure:
- Blood lipid levels (cholesterol levels)
- Blood pressure
- Body measurements (height, weight, waist circumference, body fat percentage)
- An eye exam
- Food intake over three days
- 30-minute questionnaire
The first visit to the lab will be 1.5 hours. The second visit at the end of the study will be a one-hour visit.
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- At least 18-years-old
- Be a full-time employee at UGA
- Have access to a computer and smartphone with internet access
- Fluent in reading and speaking English
- Have not been diagnosed with epilepsy
- Not be pregnant or planning to become pregnant in the next two months
- Not on weight loss medication or a diet prescribed for a chronic condition
- Not currently in a meditation class in the next two months
- Not currently in a nutrition class in the next two months
- Were not enrolled in the Mind Your Heart Feasibility Study