One out of three American adults have prediabetes. Through the PreventT2 program, facilitated through UGA Extension, participants can make changes now to improve their health and prevent Type 2 diabetes.
PreventT2 includes the following:
- A research-tested program valued at $500 that can cut the risk of getting Type 2 diabetes in half
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-approved curriculum and a trained lifestyle coach
- A supportive group of people to encourage participants through the program
- Weekly group meetings for the first 16 weeks; meetings once or twice a month for eight months
- Incentives and tools to help participants reach their healthy lifestyle goals
- Support and guidance on how to eat healthy, be active, manage stress and stay motivated
- Age 18 and older,
- Overweight or a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 25 or greater,
- Have prediabetes or are at high risk for prediabetes,
- Had diabetes when pregnant or a history of gestational diabetes, or
- Score 5 or higher on the prediabetes risk test (visit doihaveprediabetes.org).
Those interested in joining the program should contact Jackie Dallas at email@example.com or 706-224-1528.