University of Georgia Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost Pamela Whitten has appointed a committee to begin a national search to fill the position of dean of the College of Public Health.
Lisa K. Nolan, dean of the UGA College of Veterinary Medicine, will chair the search committee, which includes faculty, staff, alumni and student representation.
Additional search committee members are:
- Mumbi Anderson, associate academic professional and master of public health program director.
- Diane Baird, administrative manager and human resource liaison, dean’s office.
- Megan Bramlett, Master of Public Health student.
- Grace Bagwell Adams, assistant professor in the department of health policy and management.#
- Phaedra Corso, UGA Foundation Professor of Human Health in the department of health policy and management.
- Marsha Davis, associate dean for outreach and professor in the department of health promotion and behavior.
- Nathan Hansen, professor and head of the department of health promotion and behavior.#
- Brittani Harmon, clinical assistant professor and doctor of public health program coordinator in the department of health policy and management.
- Curt Harris, assistant professor in the department of health policy and management and associate director of the Institute for Disaster Management.
- Alan Kim, undergraduate student majoring in environmental health science.
- Brooks McCommons, senior director of development for constituent programs in the university’s Division of Development and Alumni Relations.
- Jessica Muilenburg, associate professor and graduate coordinator in the department of health promotion and behavior.
- Luke Naeher, professor in the department of environmental health science.
- Ye Shen, associate professor in the department of epidemiology and biostatistics.
- Christopher Whalen, Distinguished Research Professor and Ernest Corn Professor of Infectious Disease Epidemiology in the department of epidemiology and biostatistics and director of the Global Health Institute.
- Xiaozhong “John” Yu, assistant professor in the department of environmental health science.
* After Marsha Davis agreed to serve as Interim Dean of the College of Public Health, effective Dec. 1, 2019, she relinquished her role on the search committee for the next permanent dean of the College of Public Health. This story was also updated on April 12, 2019, to reflect additional changes to the search committee. # denotes search committee members who joined after the initial launch.
The committee will be assisted by the UGA Search Group in Human Resources.
Phillip L. Williams, who has served as dean of the College of Public Health since its founding in 2005 and holds the Georgia Power Professorship of Environmental Health, recently announced that he will be stepping down from his role and retiring on Dec. 1.