Six UGA employees retired May 1. Retirees, their job classification, department and years of service are:
- Peter Bertot, senior disability services coordinator, Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, disability resources, 26 years, 9 months;
- Sonya Carter, administrative specialist I, College of Veterinary Medicine, Clinical Pathology Lab, 10 years, 1 month;
- Dana Cheek, landscape and grounds employee, College of Agricultural and Environmental Science, Tifton Campus, 36 years, 3 months;
- Regina Lynn Parham, executive assistant and human resources manager, College of Family and Consumer Sciences, office of the dean, 23 years, 6 months;
- Denise R. Pope, medical technologist IV, College of Veterinary Medicine, Clinical Pathology Lab, 17 years, 9 months; and
- Pedro R. Portes, professor, Mary Frances Early College of Education, counseling and human development services department, 15 years, 10 months.