After you have figured out what you want to do to lose weight or stay active, the question becomes can you maintain a plan? Here are some tips to keep exercise a regular part of your life.
• Find a regular time every day to do your routine.
• If you want to do a few short times of activity several times a day, look ahead at your schedule to find when you have 10-15 minutes for a quick jog, a little dancing or a walk up a staircase.
• Keep a daily log of your activities.
• Post your goals and keep them where you can see them each day.
• Check your progress. You can use a little test like whether you can walk a certain distance faster now than when you began to see your improvements.
• Build in a reward system for reaching your goals. Whether those rewards are gold stars on your calendar, a massage or a day at the movies, they help keep you motivated.
• Focus on the benefits of physical activity. You will begin to notice that you feel more relaxed, energized and refreshed, and that your concentration and sleep have improved after you incorporate regular exercise.
• Get support from family and friends. That will help you feel obligated to stick to your plan.