The piers and gate at the Jackson Street entrance to Owens Fountain will receive a preservation make-over this summer.
The gate doors will be removed, cleaned, primed and painted before reinstallation.
The piers, which have suffered a great deal of water damage since their construction circa 1950, will be rebuilt.
All of the work, which started June 20, will be done by UGA’s Facilities Management Division. Current plans call for the project to be completed by July 20.