University of Georgia President Jere W. Morehead has appointed a committee to coordinate a search for the University’s next Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations and Executive Director of the UGA Foundation. The committee will recommend finalists to succeed Kelly Kerner, who left UGA on April 1 after nine years of service.
Jill Walton, formerly the Senior Executive Director of Development, is now leading the University’s development division in an interim role.
“We have made significant strides over the last decade in establishing a culture of philanthropy at the University of Georgia,” said President Jere W. Morehead. “Last year private donors gave a record amount to UGA—more than $257.4 million from over 71,000 contributors. The generosity of our donors has made a transformative impact on the excellence of our teaching, research and service. Private support will be even more essential as we aspire to continue rising in the ranks of the country’s leading public research universities.”
The 14-member search committee will be co-chaired by Kathy Pharr, Vice President for Marketing and Communications and Chief of Staff to the President, and Neal Quirk, Partner at Quirk & Quirk law firm and Chair of the UGA Foundation.
Other search committee members are:
- Meg Amstutz, Dean of the Jere W. Morehead Honors College;
- Allison Ausband, Executive Vice President and Chief Customer Experience Office for Delta Air Lines and UGA Foundation Executive Vice-Chair (i.e., Chair-Elect);
- Ben Ayers, Dean of the Terry College of Business and Earl Davis Chair in Taxation;
- Elizabeth Beckett, Executive Director of the UGA Office of Special Events;
- Josh Brooks, J. Reid Parker Director of Athletics;
- Brett Jackson, Associate Vice President for Auxiliary Services;
- Steve Jones, U.S. District Court Judge for the Northern District of Georgia, UGA Foundation Trustee Emeritus and former UGA Alumni Association President;
- Nancy Juneau, CEO of Juneau Construction Co. and UGA Foundation Trustee;
- George Moore, President of the Student Government Association;
- Nick Place, Dean and Director of the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences;
- Jeremy Ransom, Senior Executive Director of Development; and
- Ron Walcott, Vice Provost for Graduate Education and Dean of the Graduate School.
The University Search Group will assist the committee in the search process.