From free yoga classes to a telehealth model for clients with autism to online lectures—and everything in between—the schools, colleges and departments at the University of Georgia are moving their programs online to provide information, entertainment and support during the COVID-19, or coronavirus, pandemic. Here’s a current list, categorized by interest group, of online UGA programs and events:
Georgia Museum of Art
- Free classes: The Georgia Museum of Art is hosting free yoga classes and free morning mindfulness sessions via Zoom. More info: https://georgiamuseum.org/event/morning-mindfulness-24/.
- Events calendar: Visit the museum’s website at https://georgiamuseum.org/events/ for information about upcoming events.
- Activities for children: Lesson plans and at-home activities for children can be found at http://georgiamuseum.org/learn/education-programs/school-and-teacher-programs.
- A new Art at Home page at https://georgiamuseum.org/learn/art-at-home/ has downloadable simple art activities.
- Exhibition tour: A virtual tour of the Tiffany exhibition is on the museum’s YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/GMOAthens until the exhibition closes.
- Collections database: Visit the collections database of the museum at https://emuseum.georgiamuseum.org/collections;jsessionid=AD9DD14E421BCFAF283A2718FC277629. The database features 7,223 objects, many illustrated. Register for a login, and you can even mark your favorites or create your own collections/virtual exhibitions there.
Campus tour: Until campus tours resume, take a virtual tour of the University of Georgia at https://visit.uga.edu/tours/.
Information about library resources and assistance is at libs.uga.edu.
- Undergraduate Admissions: Terrell Hall is currently closed to the general public. To contact the admissions team, prospective UGA students should visit the Meet the Staff page at https://apply.uga.edu/portal/meet_the_staff to find their admissions counselor or email the main account at firstname.lastname@example.org. The goal is to respond to email communications within two business days.
- Graduate Admissions: Terrell Hall is currently closed to the general public. To access the Graduate School for business reasons, call 706-542-6300.
Mary Frances Early College of Education
- Telehealth model: CABER, the education college’s Center for Autism and Behavioral Education Research, has launched an online telehealth model to work with its clients with autism. The model started on March 24 with four to six children from the Clarke County School District.
College of Family and Consumer Sciences
Information about ASPIRE Clinic’s telehealth services is available at aspireclinic.org.
Kizmet Adams is offering Pilates/yoga classes from noon – 12:45 p.m. at https://zoom.us/j/745316447.
- Monday, Aug. 31: Pilates
- Tuesday, Sept. 1: Pilates
- Wednesday, Sept. 2: Core & Flex
- Thursday, Sept. 3: NO CLASS
- Friday, Sept. 4: Yoga/Pilates Fusion
UGA Human Resources
Training and development updates are available at https://hr.uga.edu/_resources/pdf/Distance-Based-Professional-Development.pdf.
Learn more at https://hr.uga.edu/employees/training/.
UGA Finance Division
The finance division will host weekly status calls for HR and business staff at https://onesource.uga.edu/resources/monthly_status_call/
The finance division also will host a town hall for the fiscal year end that’s targeted to HR and business staff. It will be online at https://onesource.uga.edu/news/Fiscal_Year_End_Town_Hall.
UGA Career Center
The Career Center is working to ensure that students and employers still have access to resources. Handshake and hireuga.com are still available, and virtual drop-in hours are available weekdays from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.
More info: http://career.uga.edu.
Division of Academic Enhancement
New DAE webpage: All UGA students are enrolled in “Resources for Learning Online | DAE at a Distance,” which is a brand new eLC experience. Additionally, a new webpage, DAE at a Distance, summarizes a variety of resources (e.g. Adjusting for Success) and support available to UGA students.
DAE at a Distance: https://dae.uga.edu/dae_at_a_distance/
Adjusting for Success: https://dae.uga.edu/adjustingforsuccess3.pdf